openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Java 32 Redux
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 22:20:53 GMT
Am 01/07/2015 06:29 PM, schrieb Rory O'Farrell:

> The page at
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/common/java.html
> covers the Java problem nicely.  As most of the Java problems originate with Windows
users, many of whom are lesser skilled in computers, might I ask for the Windows section to
be repeated with more emphasis - perhaps boxed and backgrounded as a side (or other note),
so that it catches the eye?

the only part that is directly related to Windows is IMHO the "important
note" part. So, only this was changed [1] - for the moment on the
staging area.

I've added a background color and icon. The text was also slightly enhanced:

Old:
Important note for Apache OpenOffice on Windows:

The Windows version of OpenOffice is 32-bit and requires a 32-bit JRE.
You must install a 32-bit JRE even if you already have a 64-bit JRE
installed.

New:
Important note for all Windows users:

The Windows version of OpenOffice is 32-bit and therefore it requires a
32-bit JRE. Even when you have a Windows version with 64-bit installed.
Furthermore you have to install a 32-bit JRE - additionally or instead -
when you already have a 64-bit JRE installed.

Does the Windows part meets now better your expectation?

[1] http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/common/java.html

> I'm off-line for the next 60 hours - I have to attend a funeral in the UK.

I'm very sorry for that. You have my deepest sympathy.

Marcus