openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1650187 - /openoffice/trunk/main/external_deps.lst
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 16:58:21 GMT
On 07/01/2015 kschenk@apache.org wrote:
> Modified: openoffice/trunk/main/external_deps.lst  ...
>   # The primary fallback site.
> -OOO_EXTRAS=http://ooo-extras.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/
> +# OOO_EXTRAS=http://ooo-extras.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/
> +
> +OOO_EXTRAS=http://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/

This part needs consensus. This replaces Apache Extras with a
SourceForge space that I had understood to be temporary, pending
evaluation by the Apache Board. Maybe Roberto can tell us more about the
status of this "oooextras.mirror" project, and especially if the URL is
to be considered final or not. If it isn't, I recommend that we use the
final one instead (more below).

>   if (WITH_CATA_FONTS == YES)
> -    MD5 = f872f4ac066433d8ff92f5e316b36ff9
> -    name = dejavu-fonts-ttf-2.33.zip
> -    URL1 = http://sourceforge.net/projects/dejavu/files/dejavu/2.33/dejavu-fonts-ttf-2.33.zip/download
> -    URL2 = $(OOO_EXTRAS)$(MD5)-$(name)
> +    MD5 = 161462de16e2ca79873bc2b0d2e6c74c
> +    name = dejavu-fonts-ttf-2.34.tar.bz2
> +    URL1 = http://sourceforge.net/projects/dejavu/files/dejavu/2.34/dejavu-fonts-ttf-2.34.tar.bz2/download
> +    # URL2 = $(OOO_EXTRAS)$(MD5)-$(name)

This (the missing URL2) violates an assumption that we could do so far,
i.e., that the OpenOffice build process requires only two sites to be
available, Apache Extras (for libraries, fonts...) and the Extensions
site (for bundled dictionaries). So, as soon as we know more about the
"new" OpenOffice Extras at SourceForge, someone from the project should
be given write access to it so that we can upload the package there and
populate URL2 correctly.

The commit should not be reverted: I'm simply suggesting actions that
are need to make this change stable. So far I wouldn't be happy to have
this in a release.

Regards,
   Andrea.