openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Nominations for a new PMC Chair
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2015 16:18:57 GMT
On 06/01/2015 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 01/01/2015 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> Let's take several days, until 10 January, to receive nominations (or
>> self-nominations) for the next PMC Chair. ...
> The 6 nominees so far are, in alphabetical order:
> - jani    Jan Iversen
> - jsc     J├╝rgen Schmidt
> - kschenk Kay Schenk
> - louis   Louis Suarez-Potts
> - marcus  Marcus Lange
> - robweir Rob Weir

The nominations phase closed on 10 January with two candidates accepting:
- jani  Jan Iversen         http://markmail.org/message/bm5uhoa3r24flvf5
- louis Louis Suarez-Potts  http://markmail.org/message/vj4cdqjx2kpd2muy

I'm not calling a vote now since the discussion is faster than me and
it's continuing, as we have seen. So we can keep the discussion open for
a few days; a vote will be called after it.

A very important remark: all the six people above (and a couple more)
would have been excellent candidates. I respect their choices and their
reasons not to run, but I would like to acknowledge all of them (and the
"couple more people" that I'm leaving unnamed) as key people to the
continued success of the project.

Regards,
   Andrea.