openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Nominations for a new PMC Chair
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 23:00:40 GMT
Am 01/12/2015 11:22 PM, schrieb Louis Suárez-Potts:

>> On 12 Jan 2015, at 17:02, Dave Fisher<dave2wave@comcast.net>  wrote:
>>
>> Asking inactive PMC to go emeritus can be done in any case. The merit does not expire
and if willing to be active one can be restored.

> Right. I was going over the PMC list (http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#openoffice-pmc)
and then relating those listed to participation (however defined) in the project. I’m terrible
at engaging actively in the lists but equally terrible at boring people at every possible
opportunity about the plusses and minuses of OpenOffice and the ODF, and now Corinthia (endless
fun). So I give everyone lots of benefit of a doubt, if I missed their engagement. But I was
curious why some members have dropped off—or slowed their engagement. A fair question, no?

sure, but please let us separate both things. Changing the list of PMC
members is different from voting for a new chair.

Marcus