openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Nominations for a new PMC Chair
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 23:46:14 GMT
jan i wrote:
> he world as such do not always
> understand "the apache way" and to some the chair is more important. Since
> I am not into marketing (where the title chair matters) I have no need to
> be chair.

I prefer to avoid expressing personal points of view in this discussion,
but I can reply to this: after more than 2 years, almost nobody outside
this list knows that I am the OpenOffice PMC Chair. I'm averse to
publicity, but the title might be good for marketing only if one wants
to use it, because anyway it's the PMC and not the Chair that steers the
project, and the project is setup for a collective governance (like,
press requests go to the press alias that routes them to the PMC, not to
the Chair). This is why this discussion is important!

Regards,
   Andrea.