openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Some old OOo SVN dumps, of use to anyone?
Date Sat, 14 Mar 2015 18:28:37 GMT
I received the SDCard with the 150GB SVN dump from Rob in yesterday's postal delivery.

Herbert Duerr has also provided some tips on using the Zipped git repo that he created.

I will set up a notebook for keeping track of everything I (attempt to) do.  It will be interesting
to watch that SVN dump load into a local FSFS SVN that I will create.

I am taking my time and will probably not have any further report until the end of April.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:rob@robweir.com]
Sent: Friday, March 6, 2015 11:09
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Spam (8.03):Re: Some old OOo SVN dumps, of use to anyone?

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 4:55 AM, Thorsten Behrens
<thb@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 3:23 PM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
>> > I agree with this -- it's history for every derivative of OO.o, not just
>> > AOO.
[ ... ]

> sharing the responsibility for preserving the code history of the
> former OpenOffice.org project, TDF would be happy to help keeping
> those legacy repos publicly available for posterity.
>
> It is indeed of great help for ongoing development, to be able to
> re-trace the history of individual code changes.

This is good to know.  We have now several offers to host/preserve the
data.  First step, for me at least, is to get a copy of the dump of to
Dennis.   He's volunteered to take a closer look and compare to what
Herbert has.   If it ends up what I have is important then we can
discuss the best way to distribute it further.

[ ... ]