openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Source code build help
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 16:02:36 GMT
Hello Buddhi,

I think Regina or Ariel may have the information you require.  Also, see
<https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO>,
<https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#Windows_7>,
and
<https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Building_on_Windows>.

I think you have to build using CygWin and there are many dependencies to set up.
It would be good to apply a QA view to this and help to improve the documentation so beginners
can be more successful [;<).  I am slow at this.  Tell me how I could help.

- Dennis

PS: I think the Windows build can be possible to use the new Visual Studio 2013 Community
Edition to build, and use batch files within CygWin that can also be used natively for command-line
building.  (Community Edition apparently will not build for XP though.)  But the current procedures
do not support this and I have made poor progress on that.  This could be a step toward being
able to build 64-bit for Windows.

-----Original Message-----
From: Buddhi Eashwarage [mailto:buddhieash@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 04:44
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Source code build help

Hi,

I'm working on AOO QA tasks.So i like to build the source code and
try.Specially i like to contribute on Writer application.So i think in
eclipse i can build the code.Is it?And i'm using windows 7 environment at
the moment.If anyone can give me a small guide to that i admire it.Like to
say i'm from a development background, so i think i can catch it easily.

Kind Regards,
Buddhi Eashwarage