openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Information
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 14:31:46 GMT
Thanks for the information.  It is not clear what can be done about this.  There will be some
investigation to determine what can be done.

 - Dennis

I notice that Yahoo has already determined that they cannot recommend the site.  It is interesting
what http://us.com has as a business model also.

I see some fine print at the bottom of the big yellow button that leads to this page,
<http://www.openoffice.us.com/openoffice/disclaimer.php>.

Were you offered a clear opportunity to decline the additional content that their DownloadAdmin
included along with Apache OpenOffice?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dewey Monroe [mailto:dmonroe2012@att.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2015 23:12
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Information

I just wanted to let you know that I made the mistake of attempting to
download OO 4.1.1 from the following site

[ ... ]
. Doing this caused numerous problems with other programs and numerous
infections which had to be removed. I know, my bad. However, these
unscrupulous bastards are causing a tarnish on the good you folks are
doing. You might want to look into it.

By the way, Open Office 4.1.1 is great, Thanks for the good work.