openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Some old OOo SVN dumps, of use to anyone?
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 16:59:51 GMT
Excellent!

I have downloaded the 2GB version 0.9 that Herbert Duerr has preserved at his Apache account
(though I don't know what to do with it yet), and Rob Weir is sending me a memory card with
his material.  (Herbert's "latest" link does not appear to resolve to an available file or
there are permission problems with it.)

We should work to see what can be done to integrate this material (if necessary) and then
decide how to preserve a historical snapshot with its history.  I have a contact at the Computer
History Museum who will also see whether preservation there will be provided as well.  Whether
it is accessible on-line there is a different matter, and it may depend on whether there is
any proprietary content (such as original Star Division work done before OpenOffice.org emerged).

So if we fix the point of snapshot with its preceding history, there should be ways to preserve
it in more than one place and also make some or all of it accessible on-line.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Thorsten Behrens [mailto:thb@documentfoundation.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 01:56
To: Rob Weir
Cc: dev@openoffice.apache.org; Herbert Duerr
Subject: Re: Some old OOo SVN dumps, of use to anyone?

Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 3:23 PM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
> > I agree with this -- it's history for every derivative of OO.o, not just
> > AOO.
>
> It is not exactly the syllabic nucleus of the Vulcan language, but it
> could be useful.   If someone can offer a better long-term place for
> this, please chime in.

Hi Rob, *,

sharing the responsibility for preserving the code history of the
former OpenOffice.org project, TDF would be happy to help keeping
those legacy repos publicly available for posterity.

It is indeed of great help for ongoing development, to be able to
re-trace the history of individual code changes.

Best,

-- Thorsten