openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: GSoC 2015: Interest In Apache OpenOffice Extension Plugin for Eclipse
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 22:34:04 GMT
On Monday, March 09, 2015 03:03:42 PM Harvey Sama wrote:
> Hello. I am a fourth year student of the Faculty of Engineering at the
> University of Buea. I have experience in Java,Javafx and Java EE with
> PrimeFaces framework. I am motivated to work on this project and with
over
> 2 years of java experience I believe I have the skills to work on this
> project. I will like to get some assistance with respect to resources and
>  further  information  I may need in order to write my proposal. I am
> currently downloading the SDK and OpenOffice and will start working on
my
> proposal.

That'sgreat, OpenOffice uses Java for some areas of the software. At core
it works on C++ but there are JAVA wrappers to work with the API, the
Add-ons and extensions.

Eclipse has some plugins to make development easier, but most of the
plugins are a bit outdated. I hope you are able to get your environment
setup, if you hit a roadblock, please let us know.