openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Java 8 and AOO
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 03:19:36 GMT

> On 17 Mar 2015, at 20:41, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
>
> The problems I've seen reported are apparently all on MacOS.  Something about needing
a legacy Java 6 to work and there is no way for the user to accomplish that, apparently.

> Are there others?
>
> Do you think the message is from AOO instead of the OS?
>
> There is also a crasher in Base, apparently, but not certain it is the same situation.
>
> {None of this represents deep knowledge on my part.}

FWIW, I use 4.1.1 (dev build, UK English) and Java 8 update 31. I have not experienced any
problems with the Java or with the application. I’m also running Yosemite 10.3.3, a dev
build. That said, nearly all of my use of OpenOffice is in text, presentation, Calc, not Base,
at least not in any interesting way.

I can walk through the issues described and see what happens….

louis