openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Pitonyak <and...@pitonyak.org>
Subject Re: Summary
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2015 01:47:34 GMT
You sent an email to a public email list. If you do not like what a recipient does with it
then you need to figure out how to make that recipient stop. Off hand that sounds like an
impossible task; ever heard of the Streisand effect? You may be able to do this one recipient
at a time, but you need to decide how much time and money you want to throw at it... But the
more you do so the less likely it is to be effective.

On Mar 14, 2015 3:21 PM, "Grampa Renato, GB" <Renato.Grampa@prysmiangroup.com> wrote:

> Thank you Jan,
>
> European laws should protect me from the spread of my emails, differently from US.
>
> Clearly I submitted my message in good faith to the recipient assuming that it remained
a bilateral correspondence only.
> I haven't seen indications that the message would have been disseminated to the World
in this way, despite the confidentiality note.

> Nevertheless there must be a tool to discriminate emails from making them public when
inappropriate, like in this case.

> Thank you for any other suggestion you could provide
> Renato
>

> Email sent via mobile service

one of them, but there are many like e.g. http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@openoffice.apache.org/
).

> What’s the owner address?
> There are NO owner, there are many and none of them are controlled by apache. Apache
merely receives your mail and redistributes it according to the subscriber list (which on
this list is around 500 addresses).

> What you need to do is search the web to see where you email appear, check the URL with
whois and write to these companies.

> Please do remember all those who have received your email is "intended recipients".
>
> I can only advice to be careful when you write to a public mailing address, it is practically
impossible to remove a mail once it has being multiplied.

> Rgds
> jan i
>

> Thanks
> RG

do not control), all personal subscribers (which apache do not control) and ask all these
entities to remove your mail.
> Rgds
> jan I.

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
> This message and its attachments (if any) may contain confidential, proprietary or legally
privileged information and it for the use of the intended recipient(s). No confidentiality
or privilege is waived or lost by any incorrect transmission.

> If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you
must not use, disseminate, copy it in any form or take any action in reliance on it. If you
have received this message in error, please, delete it (and any copies of it) and kindly inform
the sender of this e-mail by replying or going to www.prysmiangroup.com<http://www.prysmiangroup.com/>
on "contact us".