openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some old OOo SVN dumps, of use to anyone?
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 08:24:03 GMT
On 2015-02-28 23:05, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote:
>> It could be
>> even more useful, of course, if hosted as an actual (read-only)
>> repository, to consult the history of the code base.
>
> Isn't this part of Herbert's big git repo with the whole code history
> that it was possible to reconstruct?

Yes, my git repository of the AOO/OOo history [1] also contains the
import of the then available latest OOo-SVN repo. The old OOo project
only used SVN from 2008 to 2009 and though the SVN repo had imported a
few CVS branches the most interesting ones (e.g. all the CVS
child-workspace branches where the actual development happened between
2003-2008) were dropped during that import and due to the way things
were merged many interesting commit details were dropped too.

These interesting parts of the old OOo-CVS history were also recovered
and put into my git repo. The 2009-2011 code history in Mercurial and
the 2011-2014/01 AOO history are also included. For more details please
see my last year's FOSDEM presentation [2].

[1] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/HistOOory_lastest.zip
[2] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/HistOOory_Presentation.pdf

> If it's already there, nice; if not, ideally it should be merged with it.

It should already be there, but somebody please check it with some
samples. For a more complete history the bit git repo should be updated
with the latest AOO progress. And the mercurial import could be redone
with hg-hash annotations enabled too.

Hope that helps,
Herbert