openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PMC FAQ update
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2015 00:00:48 GMT
On 06/03/2015 Dave Barton wrote:
> OK! One last attempt to clarify and resolve a trivial issue, that has
> become clouded in misunderstanding and mistranslated into some kind of
> "bike-shedding" subject.

...and misunderstood (or portrayed) as a transparency issue, when the
answer to your question on who is moderating the API list can readily be
found at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-6095 and needed no
further discussion.

> The one and only thing I suggested is that we have a simple, easy way
> for any of us to check & ensure that we have adequate list moderator
> coverage.

- List the mailing lists.
- Mention the -owner address for each.
- Add a link to the JIRA issue with the moderators names (like above).
That issue will be reopened if we need to change moderators. So this
will cause no overhead and require no maintenance at all.

This would be a perfect solution if INFRA had not asked us to use an
internal tool rather than JIRA for mailing list requests. So in future
the moderator names might be in some commits that might not be visible
to everybody, but they will still be visible to all committers or so, so
not really exclusive...

BTW, to me the information "Who are the moderators of the XYZ mailing
list?" is public but largely irrelevant. I e-mail the -owner addresses
when needed and I'm OK with it.

Regards,
   Andrea.