openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Aranese spell checker
Date Sat, 14 Mar 2015 17:24:22 GMT
On 07/03/2015 Javier wrote:
> My name is Javier Torres and I am working in a spell aranese spell checker
> http://www.occitans.com/archivos/programas/aranes_v1.0.0_alfa.oxt but I have a litle
problem the language "Aranese" is not included in the language list.
> Can anybody help me?

OpenOffice has a hardcoded list of supported languages (to be clear:
those are the languages that you can use as document languages in Format
- Character).

Document languages, due to interoperability concerns, are not something
we can define freely on our own.

Does Aranese have a ISO 639-1, ISO 639-2 or ISO 639-3 code? I find
conflicting information online. If it does have an ISO code, we can
include it as a document language in the next release (and your
dictionary will work in future versions of OpenOffice). Otherwise there
are kludges and workarounds that can be applied, but it's better if you
can provide an ISO code.

Regards,
   Andrea.