openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Please join me in congratulating Marcus.
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 11:50:40 GMT
jan i wrote:
> Marcus is now member of Apache Software Foundation.
> Marcus was invited after the yearly membership meeting and accepted.

Congratulations, Marcus!

And I hope we can soon admit more people "from OpenOffice" (this means
nothing, but I'll use it to mean "people whose primary activity at
Apache is within the OpenOffice project") into the Apache membership.

As recent discussions (CMS, to name just one) show, it is important that
OpenOffice feels part of the Apache Foundation, not to receive orders
from it, but on the contrary, to do its part in improving it.

Regards,
   Andrea.