openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kanthiah Easwara Chandran <easwarachand...@hotmail.com>
Subject Sorting Data Resulting in Corrupt Results
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 18:03:09 GMT
Hello There Developers:

I came across a problem that I want to bring to your attention.

I was using the Spreadsheet program “calcs”. When I sorted the data based the date order
it did the sorting, but kept the formulae with “Absolute” values of cell references in
formulae, thus resulting in the sorted data making reference to irrelevant fields not related
to “set” of data that it applies to.

Thus the set of data after sorting contains unrelated data from other sets not that belongs
to family in the “set”. In other words the formulae make references to unrelated fields
from other “sets” or “rows”.

Please looking to this matter as many users use the spreadsheets and sort the data as and
when needed. You do not want them to make presentations with sorted data containing unrelated
elements of data in the sets.

Thank you.

I am glad for having to this opportunity to give you this feed back.

Best regards.

K. Easwara Chandran

Sent from Windows Mail