openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kanthiah Easwara Chandran <easwarachand...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Sorting Data Resulting in Corrupt Results
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 14:04:41 GMT
Thanks, Marcus, I will follow up accordingly. You guys turned a new chapter in the industry.
Congratulations.

Sent from my LG Smartphone on Sprint

Marcus <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:

>Am 03/26/2015 07:03 PM, schrieb Kanthiah Easwara Chandran:
>> I came across a problem that I want to bring to your attention.
>>
>> I was using the Spreadsheet program “calcs”. When I sorted the data based the
date order it did the sorting, but kept the formulae with “Absolute” values of cell references
in formulae, thus resulting in the sorted data making reference to irrelevant fields not related
to “set” of data that it applies to.

>> Thus the set of data after sorting contains unrelated data from other sets not that
belongs to family in the “set”. In other words the formulae make references to unrelated
fields from other “sets” or “rows”.

>> Please looking to this matter as many users use the spreadsheets and sort the data
as and when needed. You do not want them to make presentations with sorted data containing
unrelated elements of data in the sets.