openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: ruby uno to control openoffice
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 02:56:54 GMT
You cannot disable the preprocessor.  That will cause *everything* to fail.

Some place, there is a

	#define OPTIONAL <value>

That you want to work.  It might be in an #include file.  Ideally, it is in the same file
where it is being used, but that may be unlikely.

You need to find all of the places in the code that uses that header and uses OPTIONAL and
it is not in anything like #ifdef OPTIONAL but some usage where it is clear that a variable
or expression form is expected in regular code.  That is likely the one place where you are
seeing the failure.

The clean fix is to change the name in both places.  Most programs are careful to do this
in the first place, to avoid conflicts with other usage of a similar term.

Because this is an .hdl, it may be more complicated than that.  There may also be failures
elsewhere that are undetected because they do not cause a syntax error.

I am not where I can look right now.  Nose around.  There should be some related definitions
in the same part of the source tree.

 - Dennis