openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OO_SDK] [linux] [Makefile] Errors while compiling examples in sdk
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 06:33:55 GMT
Hello Abhinav,

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 11:21:04AM +0530, Abhinav Tripathi wrote:
> I tried to compile the examples again and i found that if i run
> setsdkenv_unix from /opt/openoffice4/sdk then everything runs fine and the
> examples compile.
> But if i run setsdkenv_unix.sh from ~/openoffice4.1_sdk/ubuntu then errors
> still arise. After a little digging, i found that it is because of the
> current shell being closed as the sh script closes. so i used opened a new
> shell and then ran it using :
> bash
> . ~/openoffice4.1_sdk/ubuntu/setsdkenv_unix.sh
> now as long as i dont close the current shell using 'exit' i am able to
> build the exmples.
> .
> I just wanted to ask if it is meant like this to always run the
> setsdkenv_unix from sdk folder or if opening a new shell and running from
> home directory is mandatory?

You need to open a terminal and source ~/openoffice4.1_sdk/ubuntu/setsdkenv_unix.sh

source ~/openoffice4.1_sdk/ubuntu/setsdkenv_unix.sh

and make the examples inside this terminal with the SDK env. set by the
script.

Running from /opt/openoffice4/sdk/setsdkenv_unix is also fine; just read
the script, you'll see that if you don't pass --force-configure and the
already configured script exists in your home, it will source it.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina