openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Board report proposal, please comment before April 5.
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2015 09:48:13 GMT
On 01/04/2015 jan i wrote:
> On 1 April 2015 at 09:33, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> Big thanks are not for the report. But still very appropriate for the
>> list... so big thanks to who worked for events! ...
> Actually before I became member I was mentioned in 5-6 board reports like
> that

For project reports I find it more appropriate to simply give credit,
like "X Y organized an OpenOffice event" as opposed to "Big thanks to X
Y for organizing an OpenOffice event". But the version now online is OK.

> I use AOO on purpose in reports, because is the
> project, I use Apache openOffice when referring to something that includes
> our ecosystem, and openOffice when referring to the office suite and
> ecosystem in general.

I'm not sure about this. It is just wording after all, nothing to change
in the report; but Apache OpenOffice is OpenOffice and OpenOffice is
Apache OpenOffice (and nothing else); if someone wants to speak about
"OpenOffice and others" then "OpenOffice ecosystem" is more explicit and
clear (even if I don't love this terminology).

> I agree that we are committed to bringing out the release (changed text to
> reflect that) and that we could and should resume some work here, but that
> is future and the report is about the last 3 months, so I prefer to keep
> the "no work is active".

Well, I agree it's time to stop talking about what to write in the
report and to resume some of the work I had already sent here weeks ago...

> Have a look at the changes, and let me know if they are ok to you.

They are OK. My remaining concerns are:
- Title and link: this is the "2015-Apr" report, not the March one.
- Forum is not mentioned anywhere; at least a sentence like "The
official, volunteer-run, OpenOffice support Forums remain very popular
with users" would be appropriate.

And thanks a lot for giving the community time to discuss the report at
length.

Regards,
   Andrea.