openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From ANTHONY CRUZ <anthonycruz2...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Controller class for documents/textView classes in Open Office (NSDocument like?)
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 20:32:21 GMT
I see. When i was looking at the source I was wondering what all that “sal” stuff was.
I’ve been unable to find more info on the VCL (documentation wise).  I see some of the C++
classes that are wrapping Cocoa stuff. When I see Objective-C, I feel at home. Is there any
class documentation for the VCL stuff.

Is there any document that exposes what system dependent part is used when you use the VCL
API? It would be easier for me, to get something started, if I can think of the application
in the context of the API I already know pretty well (Cocoa APIs). I see where recent document
URLS are pinned to the recent documents list with the document controller, but I’m having
a hard time finding the “meat” of the application (for example, a Writer window controller,
that takes a document and shows it on screen…the save as PDF button code, etc).

While I realize it’s a cross-platform project and doing it this way avoids repeat code,
have you guys ever thought of making the project more accessible to those who are familiar
with native APIs? I imagine there would be a lot more contributors from programmers who have
spent there time learning native API (iOS/Mac developers are everywhere now).