openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From ANTHONY CRUZ <anthonycruz2...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Controller class for documents/textView classes in Open Office (NSDocument like?)
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 19:48:19 GMT
Ideally, I’d like to work with the Open Office source code for the main app on OS X. I was
attempting to set up a working Xcode project (which I prefer over Eclipse and I’m interested
in the Aqua build), so I’d be able to run and debug the application like a typical Cocoa
app but there isn’t an obvious way to set up an project since there is quite a bit of source
code and the class documentation is a bit hard to find (for me, navigating the Wiki to find
relevant info was not easy).

Piecing it all together by looking through the source code with no knowledge of a project
of this size is going to be quite time consuming so I was hoping someone could point me in
the right direction. Is there only a thin native Cocoa layer in the main app? Is the textview
used for documents native (does it use NSTextView?) I’d like to learn more about the primary
C++ classes used in the app since it is quite easy to interoperate with C++ from Objective-C.

Thanks for responding.