openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From shoderitz 柳田 章一郎 <yanag...@shoderitz.com>
Subject Re: How to set menu/toolbar icons and string for UNO command
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2015 09:10:22 GMT
Hello, Ariel

> Hello Shoichiro Yanagida,
>
> On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 09:16:12AM +0900, Shoichiro Yanagida wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've added new command into
> >   /uiconfig/menubar/menubar.xml
> >   and /uiconfig/toolbar/toolbar.xml.
> > And its UNO command is .uno:ShowVBIDE, for example.
> >
> > I can handle the command properly with
> >   define Slot id SID_SHOW_VBIDE in *.hrc
> >   and register UNO command and Slot id as supported feature in controller
> > class
> >   and trap Slot id in Exec method of controller class.
> >
> > But the menu item is empty, toolbar button is too.
> >
> > How to define icons and string for menu item ?
> > Or how to define icons and string for uno command ?
> >
> > I've read documentations about UNO under DevGuide,
> > and grep*10^10 source code with existing UNO command,
> > but I can't figure out.
> >
> > Any hint, link or information would be highly appreciated.
>
> Strings are bound to UNO commands in configuration files, under
> main/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI/
>
> Look the files with the pattern XxxComnands.xcu. If the command is in
> more than one module and the string is the same in all modules, it
> should go in GenericCommands.xcu, otherwise it should go in the
> respective module's XxxCommands.xcu.
>
> The configuration file follows the schema defined in
> main/officecfg/registry/schema/org/openoffice/Office/UI/Commands.xcs
>
> A command that is not meant for a submenu, should go into the node
> "Commands", not "Popups".

> A command that has an image bound to it must have a property named
> "Properties", see for example
>
> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/main/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI/GenericCommands.xcu?revision=1656166&view=markup#l5707
>
> The images must go in main/default_images/res/commandimagelist/
> See revision 1486380 for an example of how to add an image to
> ".uno:AutoPilotMenu"
> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1486380
>

> Regards
> --
> Ariel Constenla-Haile
> La Plata, Argentina

Thank you for your answer. It's very practical and helpful.
I've solved my problem as follows:

* add new node under "Command" node in XxxCommands.xcu
  <node oor:name=".uno:ShowVBIDE" oor:op="replace">
    <prop oor:name="Label" oor:type="xs:string">
      <value xml:lang="en-US">Show Basic IDE...</value>
    </prop>
    <prop oor:name="Properties" oor:type="xs:int">
      <value>1</value>
    </prop>
  </node>

* add 4 images into default_images/res/commandimagelist
    named as "showvbide" (same as UNO command)
    with prefix (lc_, lch_, sc_, sch_)

* re-build and deliver
    target component, packimages and postprocess

* re-build installer and re-install

Thanks again!

Regards,

Shoichiro Yanagida