openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache open office on Anroid
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 20:26:25 GMT

> On 17 Apr 2015, at 14:49, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
>>>
>>> Is this based on the OpenOffice code?
>> Isn’t EuroOffice just OpenOffice rebranded ...?
>
> Maybe. But note that I was referring to the Android app, which may or may not share code
with EuroOffice (and which, by the way, I never tested).

>> "Based on" would seem an ambitious description.
>
> There is no policy (or need for one), but if they see themselves as an OpenOffice derivative,
and want to be listed, and have a product -the Android app, I mean- that works to an acceptable
standard of quality, I would consider it natural to add them to the page listing the OpenOffice
ports and "distributions".

I’ll let you have the last word :-) But I’m not disagreeing with you; rather, I’m suggesting
that a better tree to bark at would be Corinthia.

> Regards,
>  Andrea.

louis