openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Volunteer -- Documentation Editing / Proofreading
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 20:56:43 GMT
There is one additional consideration.  That is whether your new employer has a claim on concerning
your work.

That is, do you have the right to make the contributions you wish to make or does your employment
agreement limit your ability to contribute?

This will depend on your own circumstances.  Only contribute what you are free to contribute.
 If necessary, obtain any employer permission.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrea Pescetti [mailto:pescetti@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 23:06
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Cc: CValk@esri.com
Subject: Re: Volunteer -- Documentation Editing / Proofreading

Casey Valk wrote:
> What steps do I need to take to start volunteering in light of changing companies?

The company you are working for is irrelevant. Or had you registered for
our wiki(s) using your old company accounts? In that case we can adjust
login details for you, just let us know.

As for actual contributions, you can read about the process at
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-doc.html and the two
things you need to do are: subscribing to the doc list and registering
for the wikis.

Then I suggest that you join the recent discussions that you find
archived at http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openoffice-doc/
where we are seeing how to move forward with the current documentation
efforts. Your input and availability to help will surely be welcome!

Regards,
   Andrea.