openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Future of the Hangul Word Processor, HWP, filter
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 20:07:29 GMT

On 05/03/2015 11:49 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 03/05/2015 Marcus wrote:
>> that's great to see. :-) Didn't know that you had such deep knowledge of
>> the code.
>
> Honestly, as someone (I think it was Pedro) once put it, to remove stuff
> you just need an axe (sometimes a well-sharpened axe), and not a deep
> knowledge of the code!
>
> I will test stuff on the Linux version only. Our buildbots are not in
> great shape
> http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/
> so (without reopening a discussion on installing new ones, please) we
> should also look at fixing them to be able to find regressions quickly.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

I didn't have any problems with my build after your changes. But, I did
notice that the Hangul file type  was still listed in the menu choices
for import. However, when I removed these yesterday --

/main/filter/source/config/fragments/filters/writer_MIZI_Hwp_97.xcu
/main/filter/source/config/fragments/types/writer_MIZI_Hwp_97.xcu

the build failed on the "filter" module. I will look into this further
and provide more information later. I think keeping these menu entries
would be confusing to users.