openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Draft Blog Post: Authoring e-Books in Apache OpenOffice: An Interview with Jon Holdsworth
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 06:40:04 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
> https://blogs.apache.org/roller-ui/authoring/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=authoring_e_books_in_apache
> That requires an editor account for the blog to read.  I though there
> was an easy way to rewrite the URL so the preview was public, but that
> does not seem to be working for me.

There used to be. But it disappeared at some point last year.

> In any case, this is an interview with an author who used AOO for a
> book he recently wrote and has some nice technical hints on how to
> accomplish this with OpenOffice.   This should be of interest to many
> of our users/

It's a very interesting story, even if the post is quite long. You
probably meant "Melbourne". I would suggest that for the two recommended
extensions we link to their page on the Extensions site, so that readers
can try them without further searches.

Regards,
   Andrea.