openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "info@eccbelgium.be" <i...@eccbelgium.be>
Subject Deceit for European consumers with the pictograms of OpenOffice
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 08:57:44 GMT
Dear sir/madam,

We are the European Consumer Centre of Belgium and we had recently a few complaints about
the practices of a Dutch company "Verdien & Bespaar BV". You can find the link to their
website (http://www.officebestellen.nl/). This site is in Dutch but it is however easy to
see what they do. This site 'sells' Office Packages for 49.95 euro (instead of 159 euros is
mentioned, this being the price of a Microsoft Office package). The aforementioned company
is linked to this site because their company number and tax number on the bottom of each page,
refer to this company.

Consumers who just bought the proposed package, are just receiving a link to download OpenOffice.
This company is using your images (fe the different pictograms of OpenOffice Writern Calc,
Impress...) for misleading purposes and harming potential consumers.

We like to give this information to you.

My greetings,

[ECC_logo_RGB_HR]

Martijn Dirckx
Legal Advisor