openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject FW: FW: NOT EDITABLE ON WINDOWS 10: The Lingering-Lock Case
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2015 18:32:44 GMT
This response, below, suggests that there may be permission settings that also interfere with
some applications after an Upgrade to Windows 10.

Although the OP previously reported that some of the ODF documents on her system were editable
(i.e., not locked and evidently not read-only), it appears that there was something else going
on.  There may be some detail in the OP response that I misinterpreted, as well.

In this case, there is not enough detail on isolated causes and we must remain on the alert
for other cases where we can work with an user in seeing how to isolate the root cause(s)
of any observed difficulty.

So far, we have not found an OpenOffice-specific problem related to files being locked or
read-only after Windows 10 upgrading.  The only cases brought to our attention are Windows
10 related (and not just about OpenOffice) or they are about unreleased locks that were already
there but only noticed after the upgrade.

There is an issue about the quality of the display that some folks see in OpenOffice rendering
of some fonts that seems specific to OpenOffice.  That is being tracked down separately.

-   Dennis

From: Janet Monk [mailto:janmo37@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2015 01:56
To: orcmid@apache.org
Subject: Re: FW: NOT EDITABLE ON WINDOWS 10: The Lingering-Lock Case

no what I'm saying is that after spending hours on the phone with Microsoft support the technician
eventually went into permissions Advanced Settings  and clicked off the child permission blockage
which gave the administrator full control and so far it seems to be working.
regards Janet

On 12 August 2015 at 18:22, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org <mailto:orcmid@apache.org>
> wrote:
Janet,

Thank you for your follow-up.

Are you saying that with this week’s updates to Windows 10, your problem disappeared?

It was not necessary for you to take any other action?

-   Dennis