openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Simple code practice to get started
Date Sun, 09 Aug 2015 18:53:27 GMT
Hi Jason,

Jason Marshall schrieb:
> Dear Dennis
>
> Thank you for looking at this problem.  Please forgive the length of
> the following e-mail; I suspect that when I have mastered the
> environmental set-up of OpenOffice, then likely any subsequewnt
> questions I can answer myself and will be far shorter.
>
>> From what you are saying, I think that although I may have re-built
>> the relevant modules where I changed the code, this of course did
>> not carry over to the already-installed software on Windows which I
>> installed immediately following the first complete build.
>
> I have located using 'find' three 'soffice.bin' files in the
> following directories of the code source:

The functionality is most times not in 'soffice.bin' but in the *.dll
files. For example, if you make a change in module "svgio", then the
corresponding dll "svgio.dll" will change.

> ./main/desktop/wntmsci12.pro/bin/soffice.bin

That belongs to the outmost part of OpenOffice, which handles the
applications. LibreOffice has put a README into each folder, which
describes shortly the purpose of the module. There are differences
between LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice, nevertheless these READMEs
are useful.

> ./main/instsetoo_native/wntmsci12.pro/Apache_OpenOffice/msi/patchsoname_file/en-US/00/soffice.bin

 From instsetoo_native you can take
wntmsci12.pro\Apache_OpenOffice\msi\install\en-US to administrative
install the application. That folder is the same as you get, when a
downloaded, released version is unpacked in the first step of installation.

>  ./main/solver/411/wntmsci12.pro/bin/soffice.bin

In the solver, you find all the separate files, which were used to pack
the versions in instsetoo_native. Read my other mail, how to use them.

Kind regards
Regina