openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Third-Party ALv2 Dependencies (RE: Limiting Trademark Policy Discussion ...)
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2015 16:27:48 GMT
Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> I cannot find directory main/ooo_custom_images on
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk/main and there is
> nothing similar on the web site.

It's there at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk/main/ooo_custom_images/industrial/README
and (nicer)
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/main/ooo_custom_images/industrial/README?view=markup

As I see it (but haven't checked history) it seems that these files are
covered by Sun's JCA and thus inherited by Oracle, which should (I can't
check now if they were explicitly included in the Oracle grant or not)
have included them in the grant as for the other files.

Were these files forgotten in the grant? Or were headers not updated?
Note that I don't recall ever examining the grant, so I'm not the best
person for this. But if the investigation results in changes relevant
for OpenOffice 4.1.2 we can surely include it.

Regards,
   Andrea.