openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: ODF Plugfest: participation and leaflets
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2015 17:35:43 GMT
Thanks Andrea,

I am missing context.  Where are you seeing this information and where do you propose to submit
the updates?

I have no problem with the proposed changes.  Just want to know where they go.

Is it meaningful to report that the default and recommended outputs are Extended ODF 1.2 documents
(i.e., not "strict" as some want, and not automatically interoperable)?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrea Pescetti [mailto:pescetti@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, September 5, 2015 03:49
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: ODF Plugfest: participation and leaflets

[ ... ]

So, coming to item 2: I'm still hopeful we can provide up-to-date data
about OpenOffice. You can find below what is needed, what is currently
there and what I propose we send them (which I will have to do on
Tuesday morning European time; if someone else takes care of it I'll be
happier).

NEEDED           CURRENT                      PROPOSED
Software (name)  Apache Open Office           Apache OpenOffice
License          Open Source                  Open Source (ALv2)
Formats          All                          (no changes) [1]
Platforms        (empty)                      Windows, OS X, Linux,
third-party ports to Android, FreeBSD, OS/2
Support          Community                    (no changes) [2]
Link             http://www.openoffice.org/   (no changes)
Notes            (empty)                      (empty)

[1]: Formats are the ODF file extensions, not the non-ODF file types.
[2]: Here the choice is between Community and Commercial.

Can we at least agree on this basic information for the "Applications"
sections, which is what they need most?

Regards,
   Andrea.