openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: ODF Plugfest: participation and leaflets
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2015 19:21:34 GMT
Thanks, Stuart.

To be clear, I was not thinking of direct participation but something simple to be used in
providing the “ODF in the marketplace” session with some useful self-explanatory data
from the Apache OpenOffice Project.

In any case, I doubt there is something that could be done in this short time window.  I am
thinking it would be something useful for the project to track and report on a quarterly basis,
if feasible.

-   Dennis

From: Stuart J Mackintosh [mailto:sjm@opusvl.com]
Sent: Monday, September 7, 2015 10:35
To: orcmid@apache.org
Cc: dev@openoffice.apache.org; Graham Taylor <graham@openforumeurope.org>; 'Andrea Pescetti'
<pescetti@apache.org>; Basil Cousins <basil@openforumeurope.org>
Subject: Re: ODF Plugfest: participation and leaflets

Dennis,

Thank you for supporting this initiative and providing the response from the AOO community.
I will include the AOO entry in the Application Choices table as proposed.

Should AOO choose to feature as a sponsor for 100GBP per language (English & Dutch), you
will need to let Basil know by 14:00 GMT in order that the design can be updated.

Your participation would be welcome if it can be arranged, but fully understand if it cannot
due to the short notice on this occasion. For future ODF Plugfests, we will try to provide
sufficient notice for you to debate and prepare in good time.

Best regards,

Stuart.

>From the Chair,

Stuart, thank you for your patience and keeping the AOO community tied into the planning for
the ODF Plugfest and preparation of the booklet.

It appears that the “Application Choices” convergence achieved with the suggestions from
Andrea Pescetti is quite satisfactory.  There have been no objections whatsoever.

I appreciate that it is already evening where you are.  The deadline for committing to booklet
design will be early tomorrow for some of us, so I want to summarize where we stand.

PLUGFEST BOOKLET SPONSORSHIP

There is a simple consensus process for deliberation on travel funds, agreement to provide
a sponsorship, and so on.

Although it was suggested that a proposal be deliberated on, it seems to have been a non-starter.
 I think it’s safe to say that we will not be requesting presentation as a sponsor for the
booklet.  If that changes in the few hours remaining, I will let you know as soon as anything
to the contrary comes to my attention (at UTC-0700).

REPORTING TO THE PLUGFEST

Finally, the Plugfest is only 7 days ahead of us.  It might be possible to have a few slides
on “ODF in the Apache OpenOffice Marketplace” for the Tuesday, 2015-09-15 session on “ODF
in the market place.”  This has prompted barely-tentative discussion here.  Again, there
has not been much headway.  It is definitely something for the project to look into. I am
not certain what kind of findings can be provided at this point; having anything for the Plugfest
seems doubtful.  The topic is still open though.

Regards,

-   Dennis

[ … ]