openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: open office problems
Date Sun, 06 Sep 2015 12:17:22 GMT
On Sun, 6 Sep 2015 11:29:39 +0100 (BST)
"dave98412@btinternet.com" <dave98412@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Hi
> Not sure if you are the correct department but found it a bit difficult to get contact
details.
> I have use open office for a long while and find it very good, but after the last update
the spell check on writer, calc and others has stopped working I also cannot set a language
under the tools tab I click on what I want but the tick is not there when I go back.
> Thanks
> Dave Rainey

You should start by deleting or renaming your OpenOffice user profile. If you are using Windows
do this by:
Close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4
in the File Explorer Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder. Start OpenOffice.

Details of the OpenOffice user profile for other operating systems are given in
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>