openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ODF Plugfest: participation and leaflets
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2015 10:49:10 GMT
Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> Great!! My mistake.  Go for it: [PROPOSE], [DISCUSS], whatever.

Being realistic, this won't help much at this stage. Every message where
we politely ask each other to start a proper discussion is a waste of
time given the very close deadlines.

Note that I am not involved with the Plugfest at all and I happened to
bring the issue here just because of someone's outdated address book,
but still I'd like that we get done what we can get done.

Out of the three issues I originally mentioned:
1) Someone from OpenOffice attending
2) Updates for the leaflet
3) Financial support for the leaflet
the one that we can get done for sure is 2.

For 1) we have Louis' availability but by the time everything is
approved it will be unrealistic that he can still arrange an
intercontinental flight (which is a pity since we started discussing the
Plugfest attendance three months ago, we should really learn from this).

For 3) while I do see some consensus on contributing the 100 GBP = ~135
EUR = ~150 USD for printing the English leaflet, my worry is that we
can't get anything decided by the deadline (Tuesday 8 September
afternoon European time).

So, coming to item 2: I'm still hopeful we can provide up-to-date data
about OpenOffice. You can find below what is needed, what is currently
there and what I propose we send them (which I will have to do on
Tuesday morning European time; if someone else takes care of it I'll be
happier).

NEEDED           CURRENT                      PROPOSED
Software (name)  Apache Open Office           Apache OpenOffice
License          Open Source                  Open Source (ALv2)
Formats          All                          (no changes) [1]
Platforms        (empty)                      Windows, OS X, Linux,
third-party ports to Android, FreeBSD, OS/2
Support          Community                    (no changes) [2]
Link             http://www.openoffice.org/   (no changes)
Notes            (empty)                      (empty)

[1]: Formats are the ODF file extensions, not the non-ODF file types.
[2]: Here the choice is between Community and Commercial.

Can we at least agree on this basic information for the "Applications"
sections, which is what they need most?

Regards,
   Andrea.