openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ODF Plugfest: participation and leaflets
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2015 19:27:40 GMT
On 06/09/2015 Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
> This is what we should learn—some suggested guidelines

Good suggestions. I agree. More comments below.

> * ODF Plugfests are something we care about and deem important.

OK, and this means we have to be there.

> * If community members are able and willing to present at and thus represent AOO at ODf
Plugfests, then they should list themselves on a wiki devoted to this and also make sure that
they post to the dev@aoo mail list their interest and ability in representing AOO at the plugfest.

The wiki page is already there at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Directory+of+Volunteers
and people should list themselves there with "ODF Plugfests".

They should also subscribe to whatever (external) mailing list is used
for organizing Plugfests; I'm not subscribed to any and I don't have
information on this.

And yes, a couple words on how they can specifically help would be useful.

> * If they need money to attend, let us all know on the dev@aoo list.
> * If they cannot make it and if it seems as if no one can make it, yikes—maybe.

Money won't be a big issue, provided we allocate it in advance, like we
do for FOSDEM. Then, nobody in the end ever asked for reimbursements for
any event (even in cases where we had allocated a reimbursement). For
FOSDEM the idea was, I think, to allow up to 200 EUR (around 200 USD) as
flat contribution toward expenses.

> * collateral material (eg, leaflets), etc. can be produced using our funds but we all
need to know of this need and it must sit within our broader mandate as part of ASF as well
as any local need.

Yes, perfect.

Regards,
   Andrea.