openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unit test conversion progress, gbuild integration, and request for help
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2015 22:43:21 GMT
Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> After a massive amount of time and effort, I've managed to get about
> 70% of directories with CppUnit tests converted to Google Test, gotten
> them to compile and link, gotten most tests to pass, and gotten some
> of those that pass running during the build.

Thank you for this!

> For the remaining tests, we need to get Google Test running in gbuild,
> as it was only integrated into dmake (as per
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Googletest). With tremendous effort
> (is anything in AOO easy?) I managed to come up with a patch for this,
> but can only verify it works on my setup (FreeBSD), it still needs
> testing on Linux, Solaris, Windows, MingW, OS/2 (lol) and MacOS.

I tested it on Linux 64 with gcc 4.8 and a clean environment. Build
broken, see below.

For better tracking, I suggest that you open a Bugzilla issue and attach
the patch there, so that we can progressively upload newer versions that
obsolete the previous ones.

> Can our buildbots test patches that are not yet committed?

No, but we can ask and maybe get shell access to the Linux buildbots at
least. Shall we try?

> it breaks it should do so in main/sfx2; please run make in that
> directory and attach the output.

Indeed it did break.

Here's the relevant part of the output, just ask if you need more details.

=============
Building module sfx2
=============
[ build ALL ] top level modules: sfx2 ...
[ build ALL ] loaded modules: sfx2
[ build LNK ] GoogleTest/sfx2_metadatable
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.8.3/../../../../lib64/crt1.o: In
function `_start':
(.text+0x20): undefined reference to `main'
/.../main/solver/420/unxlngx6.pro/lib/libgtest.so: undefined reference
to `pthread_key_create'
/.../main/solver/420/unxlngx6.pro/lib/libgtest.so: undefined reference
to `pthread_getspecific'
/.../main/solver/420/unxlngx6.pro/lib/libgtest.so: undefined reference
to `pthread_key_delete'
/.../main/solver/420/unxlngx6.pro/lib/libgtest.so: undefined reference
to `pthread_setspecific'
make: ***
[/.../main/solver/420/unxlngx6.pro/workdir/LinkTarget/GoogleTest/sfx2_metadatable]
Error 1
dmake:  Error code 2, while making 'all'

Regards,
   Andrea.