openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wrongful information on the Wikipedia
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 19:44:28 GMT

> On 16 Sep 15, at 15:38, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Time, gentlemen, time.
>
> We're far across the ad hominem boundary and it is time to let this thread go night-night.
>
> Whatever is thought of about what happens on Wikipedia, it is not ASF and AOO business.
 We have our own business to attend to.  If folks want to keep fussing about it, there are
many better places to do that than here on dev@.

> - Dennis
>
> [ … ]

?? I don’t think this is a) a gentleman kind of thing, if only for gender reasons; b) I
think I rather like Mr G. and hardly deem this to be an ad hominem event. If others are like
me, once you read over Mr G’s bio, a *lot* gets forgiven. He’s a card, a character, a
source of necessary comic inversion. No one is flaming anyone here and we are actually kind
of having fun.

Louis