openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: ODF Plugfest: participation and leaflets
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2015 15:04:23 GMT
I see no objections to the wording.

If we have funded the leaflet before then I have objections. If not and this is permitted
then I am for LAZY CONSENSUS.

That covers 2 and 3.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 5, 2015, at 3:49 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>> Great!! My mistake.  Go for it: [PROPOSE], [DISCUSS], whatever.
>
> Being realistic, this won't help much at this stage. Every message where we politely
ask each other to start a proper discussion is a waste of time given the very close deadlines.

> Note that I am not involved with the Plugfest at all and I happened to bring the issue
here just because of someone's outdated address book, but still I'd like that we get done
what we can get done.

> Out of the three issues I originally mentioned:
> 1) Someone from OpenOffice attending
> 2) Updates for the leaflet
> 3) Financial support for the leaflet
> the one that we can get done for sure is 2.
>
> For 1) we have Louis' availability but by the time everything is approved it will be
unrealistic that he can still arrange an intercontinental flight (which is a pity since we
started discussing the Plugfest attendance three months ago, we should really learn from this).

> For 3) while I do see some consensus on contributing the 100 GBP = ~135 EUR = ~150 USD
for printing the English leaflet, my worry is that we can't get anything decided by the deadline
(Tuesday 8 September afternoon European time).

> So, coming to item 2: I'm still hopeful we can provide up-to-date data about OpenOffice.
You can find below what is needed, what is currently there and what I propose we send them
(which I will have to do on Tuesday morning European time; if someone else takes care of it
I'll be happier).