openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to modify the name of the desktop icon(in win7)
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 20:30:07 GMT
On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 3:35 AM, 郄宁 <qieningde@163.com> wrote:

> The compiled OpenOffice installation is complete, and later found the
> desktop icon name is " OpenOffice 4.1.1", how to let him only show
> "OpenOffice", which need to modify the file? Thank you!

Hi. "OpenOffice 4.1.1" is the default label for this icon. Most operating
systems allow you to change this label. I use Linux and I can do this by
changing the properties on my desktop icon so I am assuming that similar
procedures are available in other operating systems.

If you are using Windows, the following link might be helpful to you.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/13631/customize-your-icons-in-windows-7-and-vista/

If you still need help with this, you may want to send mail to our "users"
list, or use the Forums. See information at:
http://www.openoffice.org/support/index.html

MzK

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
                                                          --Lao Tzu