openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject Apache OpenOffice Board-Reporting Schedule
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2015 20:31:37 GMT
[BCC to PMC]

>From the Chair,

After watching the Board process for almost a month now, I have the
following observations about the reporting calendar for Apache OpenOffice.

Here is the reporting cycle we are on:

                    QUARTER   REPORT    FINAL

       January 1 - March 31   April     May

          April 1 - June 30   July      August

      July 1 - September 30   October   November

    October 1 - December 31   January   February

This may have been obvious to others.  It is similar to how business
reporting calendars work.  Now it is clear to me.  I am a slow learner :).

I will honor this calendar for regular reports.  Additional reports are
possible.  I made such a report for the September Board meeting.

The Board meetings are usually on the third Wednesday of the month, making
the reports due on the second Wednesday of each month.  So there are always
at least 7 days to prepare and review one on time.  We are in such a period
for the October report, which will be reviewed within the PMC as a draft
takes shape.

The reports become official when they appear in approved ASF Board minutes
(very long text documents).  That approval usually happens in the month
after the Report is submitted.  It can take longer if minute approvals are
delayed.

As a convenience for the AOO community, the Board-approved -FINAL AOO
reports are replicated at
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/pmc/BoardReportsArchive>.

 - Dennis