openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pre-installed?
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2015 17:10:01 GMT
On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 3:38 AM, Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It seems like there is no mailing list for discussion, so I try this
> question here. I hope it won't upset anyone. My apologies if it does.

Hi,  Johnny --

We use dev@openoffice.apache.org (copied on this reply) for discussion.

> These days many, if not all, of the popular GNU/Linux-distributions comes
> with LibreOffice pre-installed. Actually I can't think of any one that
> comes with Apache OpenOffice. Anyone who knows at least one?
>
> I know there are a few distributions that comes with neither of them,
> though.
>

> Kind regards
>

> Johnny Rosenberg

To my knowledge, (Apache) OpenOffice has not been either pre-installed or
part of the "standard" repositories for any Linux distribution for at least
3.5 - 4 years. Some of our volunteers have made it available through
community repositories, however.

MzK

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
                                                          --Lao Tzu