openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BZ 125501 (was RE: Where to start?)
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 23:50:03 GMT
Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> My reading of the bug report is that it is entirely about OS/2 and has nothing to do
with Windows.

Correct. That issue has nothing to do with the "famous" profile
corruption bug. Simply, the so-called "Category B" modules were not
built on OS/2 so the spell checker was not available there.

> I suppose the only question is whether that created a regression on 4.1.2 on any non-OS/2
platform.

No. All changes only affected the OS/2 portion of Makefiles. And, in any
case, this is a different bug (you do not get a broken spellchecker due
to profile corruption; you get no spellchecker at all).

> Do we know if Yuri (or someone) merged those changes to the AOO410 branch before AOO
4.1.2 was released?

Yes of course. All issues with "4.1.2 Release blocker: +" were merged
into 4.1.2. Some cleanup might be needed, and OS/2 is special since Yuri
had divided his work into many issues, but as a general rule this is
correct.

So: there is a recurrent spellchecker bug, but it is not issue 125501,
it is related with profile corruption and it has a dedicated issue in
Bugzilla (which I can't look up at the moment, but definitely not this one).

Regards,
   Andrea.