openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Java Bootstrap Connector via Maven
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 23:30:18 GMT
> Releases are releases.  (We can discuss what the longer answer should be.)
>
> I also don't understand about staging to Maven already.  Good question.
>
>   - Dennis

When artifacts are submitted to Apache Nexus staging area they are
similar to release candidates.

Once there, the staging is closed and certain quality checks are run
against repository requirements like PGP signing, valid pom.xml file
etc. [1]

They are accessible to others for download during the voting process put
are not in the Maven system.

Depending on the results of the vote, the artifacts can be dropped or
released to the public and sync'd with the Maven Central Repository.

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#close-stage

Thanks,
Carl