openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Thesaurus US - 752 synonyms with duplicate meanings
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2016 07:48:37 GMT
Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
> On 16/02/2016 22:56, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> May I know what is the definition of a "duplicate" meaning for your
>> tool? ...
> it means for example:
> apple|3:
> one
> two
> one
>
> It means that it would remove the "one" once becoming:
> apple|2:
> one
> two

I see. It's funny that we have this kind of duplicates. The Italian
thesaurus is already free from this. We maybe have stuff like

apple|2
(everyday usage)|one|two|three
(medical jargon)|two|three|four

where "two" and "three" are repeated but carry two different meanings
(so the first line might refer to a word in everyday usage and the
second to a word in medical jargon, where only part of the previous
synonyms still apply).

Regards,
   Andrea.