openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use of OpenOffice logo.
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2016 20:47:07 GMT
Donald Whytock wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 2:10 AM, J C wrote:
>> My name is James Matt Cox and I am an independent author. I am preparing
>> to publish a book on open source tools for authors. May I use the
>> OpenOffice logo on my cover? ...
> The procedure for using an OpenOffice trademark is outlined here:
> http://openoffice.apache.org/trademarks.html

This is indeed the generic procedure. But the "Book Cover" case is
already covered in our FAQ, see
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/faq/#booktitle so James doesn't
need an explicit authorization if he complies with the items listed
there ("Apache Foo" must of course be replaced by "Apache OpenOffice",
the official name of what we familiarly call "OpenOffice").

Regards,
   Andrea.