openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL][API][WINDOWS]Whether Common Spelling API can be implemented
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 17:41:54 GMT
Moving to dev@, BCC to users@

Please continue this discussion on dev@ for technical purposes.

Please provide more information about the Common Spelling API and where its specification
can be found.  Also, is there any connection with the indexing APIs that would allow ODF documents
to be full-text searched?

Finally, is the API one that many providers offer as well as many consumers use, or is there
some other model involved.  The architecture needs to be understood.

 - Dennis

More thoughts,

I suspect that the way that AOO integrates writing aids, including spelling checkers, would
not be very compatible.  In addition, it would likely involve silent loading of all of AOO
in order to accomplish integration.

The proposal is interesting.  However, it might require considerable refactoring and architectural
adjustment in AOO to have the writing aids accessible by libraries that could be shared between
AOO and other Windows applications.

But without more details, it is not possible to form any assessment at all.

PS: Do not write directly to me.  This needs to be a public dev@ discussion.  I will treat
replies to me as providing permission to forward them as I see fit.