openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Mentor
Date Wed, 25 May 2016 06:24:03 GMT
On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 6:14:47 AM CDT Yacine Abbes wrote:
> Hi
> I'm new to OO development. I would appreciate if anyone would like like to
> be a mentor? Best regards
> Yacine
We have had mentoring programs in the past but most of the mentorage is done on the
list mainly. Not everyone knows everything that happens on the code so asking the dev list

allows to point more on the domains of the level of code.
For starter I would suggest to read on the wiki development pages including how the code
is organized, and worked on.
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Development

Also try to compile the AOO version so your patches can be tested locally.

Alexandro Colorado
Apache
*OpenOffice*^{TM} Contributor
882C 4389 3C27 E8DF 41B9 5C4C 1DB7 9D1C 7F4C 2614