openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Comment background colour
Date Wed, 04 May 2016 07:36:43 GMT
On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 10:38:35 +0100
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:

> Comments applied to text in OpenOffice take different background colours depending on
the author of the comment.  Presumably OO makes some analysis of the Author of the comment
and modifies the background colour applied to that comment in light of that analysis.  Would
someone familiar with the code kindly point me to the code for the mechanism, or better still,
quote the (hopefully small) section of code responsible?

I have since discovered that the colours used for backgrounds to Comments repeat after comments
from nine (9) different Users.  These colours are defined in the code and matched in some
way to the User names, seemingly on a first-come first-served basis.

So in a collaborative document with many comments from different users, the colours for comments
from User1 would match those for User10, User2/User11 etc.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>